- Access to the right information at the right time.
- Enables access to clinical data from hospitals across Ontario via a single medical record.
- A trusted repository of medical history that can be accessed by healthcare providers at any point of care, reducing test repetition, discomfort to children and associated medical costs.
- Healthcare providers share medical information with patients and families empowering them to be active participants in their care
Who has access to eCHN?
Only authorized healthcare providers involved in the “circle of care” for a patient can access a child’s health record. This may include providers from Tertiary Care Centres, Community Care Access Centres, Children’s Treatment Centres, Community Health Centres, independent medical clinics, and the offices of individual paediatricians, family physicians and others.
What information can my healthcare provider access in eCHN?
eCHN’s clinical data repositories contain the health information of Ontario patients from newborn to 19 years of age. The type of information that exists in eCHN includes:
- admission, discharge and transfer (ADT) data
- laboratory reports
- clinical notes
- various letters, summaries and discharge notes
- radiology reports (x-rays, MRIs etc.)
- Ontario Laboratories Information System (OLIS) results and records